Thursday, July 14, 2011

Oh the things you'll see...

Once again...I've been busy so I haven't really had time to update my blog. So I will rewind to Tuesday.

Tuesday morning Samantha arrived in London. I met her at about 11am at the Angel tube stop, made our walk back to my flat and she got all settled in. She wanted to take a quick nap, and that turned into about 4 hours. I'm not going to complain though, I finished my papers last touches and then Kat came over to work on her paper. I also got in an episode of The O.C. yay!

When she finally woke up we went out to get dinner.  I really didn't know where the "best" place to go was, so I decided to take her to Covent Garden. We walked around there, and found an authentic "English" restaraunt. We ordered fresh squeezed lemonade, much more sour than I was expecting...so after that I got a water...but on to the meal. I ordered a dish that I didn't really know what it was. I can't even remember the name now, basically what it was, was huge meatballs on mashed potatoes and gravy on all of that. My kind of meal. It was delish. Sam got some sort of a beef pie. It was delish as well.



Samanthas Dinner

My Dinner

After dinner we walked around Covent Garden, then to Trafalger Square and then to Big Ben. We were in Trafalger Square for awhile, just because Samantha wanted a picture on one of the Lions...which was completely fine by me...just amusing to watch her try to get on them. In her defense though, they were huge. We walked to Big Ben to see it all lit up at night. It was worth it, it was very pretty. Of course I forgot my memory card again...I hate that!! I think I need like a second one or something so that I don't have that issue anymore. But anyways, yeah we went saw big ben and Westminster at night...then made our way over to see the south bank and the London Eye at night. It was all very pretty!


 

 
On our way from Westminster, we saw an interesting show. There are a bunch of protestors outside of Parliment for like peace everywhere....well there was this guy (in a pink shirt) who was obviously very intoxicated...and then another guy who almost fell into the road (he couldn't even stand)...so the guy in a pink shirt saved him from falling in the road, then they were yelling at eachother...then they hugged...then the guy that almost fell in the road was walking away and then pink shirt ran up to him started yelling, a few more people got involved. Then there was hugging all around. The shirt came off like he was going to start a fight....and then there was a slap across a face, then more hugging. It was very weird, amusing to watch but very weird. Oh the things you'll see.

We made our way back, and got all settled in for the night. That was pretty much it I'd say. An exciting night with Samantha getting here and more sight seeing. :)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment