Monday, July 18, 2011

Heading Back to London

So Sunday it was the day to head home. I was ready to head home though, I was tired of hearing French, and I had seen all of the big sights and was ready to head home. Well to London.

So, in the morning we went to the market in Paris. It was very sweet. It had a lot of food and flowers. I liked looking at the pretty flowers. I wanted to buy some because they were very pretty and I had never seen any like that before, but I didn't know what I would do with them. It was fun to look at all of the amazing fresh produce and meat cuts. On our way to the next destination I got a crape it was sooo good, sausage and cheese of course.




We then headed off to the Champs Elysees. Basically this was like oxford street in London. It had a bunch of high quality stores on the street and was amazing to look at. I swear I was drooling at the bags in the Louis Vuitton store, and the shoes of course! I wanted to buy one so bad, and if it wasn't more than I was expecting I totally would have come back with a new Louis Vuitton bag from Paris. So we walked up that for quite a way until we came to the arc de triomphe. We took a lot of pictures of that, it was HUGE! From there we wanted to go to the Eiffel tower to take pictures in the day time, because we had of course taken a lot of pictures at night, but none in the day time. So pictures galore, fun times. Before we got on the Metro, I bought a painting from a man in the tunnels below the arc. They were selling paintings and pictures, and I wanted to buy one because it was very similar to New Orleans, and I bought a painting there, so I figured why not!? It is great, and the best thing was that I got it for a fraction of the price because I bargained to no end! I was the wheeler and dealer!




Before we headed back to the hotel to get our bags we went to the Fat Tire Bike tour office, because I had regretted not getting a tshirt from there, so we went back so that I could buy one! YAY! After that our time in Paris was almost to an end. We ate lunch at a cafe, and we got the most delicious meals ever! It was a meal deal so you got an appetizer, entree, and a desert for 16 euros. Such a good idea. So I got some sort of salad, then steak, and a chocolate mousse! SOOOO GOOOD!!!




Then of course we had to leave, go to the train and head back to London. That was all fine and dandy except that on the train I sat at a table with 3 children and a mother that didn't care what they did. I was very annoyed, and all I wanted to do was sleep!!! Oh well, I got a lot of reading done, and everyone around me felt bad for me. So yeah it was a long train ride home. Then once we got home we had to carry our bags home...that sucked too. Anyways we finally made it home, and I uploaded my pictures to my computer and passed out. I was so tired.
Sideways but you get the idea




XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment